1. Report of presentations at the American Association for the Advancement of Science by the Science Editor in St Louis of The Independent, 17 February 2006.
2. See Global Warming - The complete briefing, pp. 5-7, John Houghton, Cambridge, 2004
3. The Observer, 4 July 2004
4. Vital signs 2005, p. 56, Worldwatch Publications 2005
5. 'If we don't stop burning oil', New Scientist, 18 February 2006, p. 10
This page intentionally left blank
Was this article helpful?
The solar Stirling engine is progressively becoming a viable alternative to solar panels for its higher efficiency. Stirling engines might be the best way to harvest the power provided by the sun. This is an easy-to-understand explanation of how Stirling engines work, the different types, and why they are more efficient than steam engines.