Pediatric Nursing Units
Equipment Legend for Figures 1 and 2*
1. Sick infant's crib
3. Adjustable youth bed with overbed table.
4 Adjustable hospital bed with overbed table.
5. Rocking chair with arm rests, washable Finish.
7. Sink with spout at least 5 in above rim of sink and foot- or knee-action valves, in counter 36 in high, open below, wall cabinet above, soap dispenser and enclosed-type pa per towel dispenser.
8. Depressed floor sink with mop-handle rack.
9. Mop buckets on roller carriage.
10, Wet-dry vacuum machine.
1}. Small enclosed cort, 4 to 6 trays capacity.
12. Ice-making machine, self dispensing.
13. Lavatory, with spaut at least 5 in above the flood rim of the fixture, wrist-action valves, soap dispenser and enclosed fype paper towel dispenser, mirror, shelf, and waste receptacle with foot-controlled cover and removable waxed liner.
14. Sink with spout at least 5 in above the flood rim of the sink and wrist-action valves, in counter 36 in high, cabinets below and above, soap dispenser and enclosed-type paper towel dispenser.
15. Utility supply cart.
16. Bathtub, normal heighl with controls on wall.
1 7. Balhtub, pedestal type, with controls on wall,
18. Bedside cabinet.
20. Sink with spout at least 5 in above the flood rim of the sink and knee- or wrist-action valves, in counter 36 in high, open below, with only one drawer directly under the
* Figures 1 and 2 from "Manual for the Core of Children in Hospitoli," U.S. Dept. of Health, fcducation, and
Welfare, Division of Hospital and Medical Facilities, Ar chitecturoi and Engineering Branch, 1968, counter, soap dispenser and enclosed-type paper towel dispenser. Wall cabinet above with double-locked narcotics compartment and inside light.
2!. Clear glass, bottom 40 in above floor.
22, Clear wire gloss in metal frame (1,296 sq in max.), bottom 40 in above floor.
23. Door, upper panel clear wire glass.
24, Bulletin board, 26 x 24 in.
25, Cubicle curtain.
26. Detention screen.
27. Portable TV on stand or on wall shelf.
28. Easy chair.
30- Circular type chart,
31. Medication cart,
32. Soiled linen hamper on 3-in ball-bearing costers, foot-controlled cover, removable waxed liner,
34. Projection screen, roll-up type.
36. Desk with drawers.
37. Window scot, hinged at bock, slorage space under for toys,
38. Storage cabinet.
39. Sliding doors.
41. Conference table.
42. Multipurpose type table,
43. Executive type desk and chair.
44. Waste receptacle, foot-controlled cover, removable waxed liner.
45. Filing cabinet.
46. Electric clock,
48. Pneumatic tube station.
49. Counter, open below, with only one drawer directly under the counter and form rack on top at the back.
50. Recessed double x-ray illuminator.
51. Graduated shelving with cubicles for individual medications and slots for identification cards.
52. Sink with spout at least 5 in above the flood rim of the sink and foot-, knee-, ar wrist-action valves, in counter 36 in high, open below, soap dispenser ond enclosed-type paper towel dispenser.
53. Clinical sink with wrist-action valves and a bedpan-flushing attachment with foot-action valves.
54. Adjustable metal shelving on casters.
55. Shelf above.
56. Vision panel clear wire glass.
57. Mayo table.
58. Examining light,
59. Examining table.
60. Instrument table, 24 x 36 in.
61. Automatic ascending trayveyor.
62. Automatic descending trayveyor.
65. Lavatory, with spout at least 5 in above the flood rim of the Fixture and knee or wrist-action valves, shelf over, soop dispenser and enclosed type paper tawel dispenser,
66. View panel with sofety glass, approx. 6 x 12 inches and 4 feet 6 inches from floor,
67. Vending machines.
68. Undercounter refrigerator.
Pediatric Nur»ing UniH
Was this article helpful?
How would you like to save a ton of money and increase the value of your home by as much as thirty percent! If your homes landscape is designed properly it will be a source of enjoyment for your entire family, it will enhance your community and add to the resale value of your property. Landscape design involves much more than placing trees, shrubs and other plants on the property. It is an art which deals with conscious arrangement or organization of outdoor space for human satisfaction and enjoyment.