t. In all living rooms shown, main conversation group centered about fireplace is dark gray. Bay or picture windows may be used as focal points, instead of fireplaces.
2. Clearance between low coffee table (23) and easy chairs (6) ought to be maintained at 3'~4" even though table is low. because the aisle here constitutes a major traffic way.
3. For larger families, or for those who entertain often, seating for 7 to 8 persons in the primary group is a reasonable design limitation. Off-center location of game group provides for a corner entrance door.
4. Minimum length for a room which must contain a baby grand piano is approximately 20'. If minimum clearances of I' between piano and wall, and 3' between desk (15) and wall, are to be maintained, room length must be increased.
5. If sofa opposite fireplace is omitted, primary group can be brought closer together, fn schemes I to 4, note that wide groups permit conversation without twisting to see speakers seated on sofa; here this restriction is removed.
6. Here, presumably, doors at ends of room indicate use of one side of room as a traffic route. Primary furniture is grouped closely about fireplace; wall pieces are all that can be used on opposite side.
Was this article helpful?
How would you like to save a ton of money and increase the value of your home by as much as thirty percent! If your homes landscape is designed properly it will be a source of enjoyment for your entire family, it will enhance your community and add to the resale value of your property. Landscape design involves much more than placing trees, shrubs and other plants on the property. It is an art which deals with conscious arrangement or organization of outdoor space for human satisfaction and enjoyment.