The guidance unit should be:
1. Separate from but near the administrative offices for convenient access to personnel records and certain clerical services. (See Fig. 2.)
2. Accessible by a direct entrance from corridor.
3. Located lo provide exits from counseling area separate from entrances, if possible.
4. Readily accessible lo students and near the main flow of student IraflRc to facilitate contact, scheduling, ond communication.
5. Readily accessible from a main entrance for the benefit of parents and representatives of community agencies.
6. Reasonably near to related personnel services, such as pupil accounting, health, and psy chological services.
7. Reasonably near to the library for convenience in use of display and reference materials.
The guidance unit should provide:
1. Attractive and comfortable reception area with appropriate materials to encourage profitable use of waiting time.
2. Private counseling rooms or offices.
3. Conference room for such uses as case conferences; individual testing,* special stoff person nel such as the school nurse, visiting teacher, speech correclionist; interviewing by prospective employers and representatives of institutions of higher teaming.
4. Multipurpose room adjacent to counseling offices for group testing, group procedures, and inservice training activities.
Was this article helpful?
How would you like to save a ton of money and increase the value of your home by as much as thirty percent! If your homes landscape is designed properly it will be a source of enjoyment for your entire family, it will enhance your community and add to the resale value of your property. Landscape design involves much more than placing trees, shrubs and other plants on the property. It is an art which deals with conscious arrangement or organization of outdoor space for human satisfaction and enjoyment.